Rare skin allegedly caused by soft drink, Vietnam

VIETNAM : Quang Binh – An 11-year-old girl in the central province of Quang Binh was diagnosed with a rare skin condition soon after consuming a bottle of soft drink, Tuoi Tre newspaper reported.
Ho Thi Kieu Anh has been discharged from the Hue Central Hospital, and her health is now stable, the hospital said Tuesday.
Anh was admitted to the hospital last month with the top layer of her skin coming off.
Her family said she drank the soft drink bottle after school. Two hours later, her skin got swollen like being burned. She also suffered from breathing difficulties, fever and a sore mouth.
She was diagnosed with Lyell’s syndrome, a rare, life-threatening skin condition that is usually caused by a reaction to drugs.
Doctors said the soft drink may be a factor that caused her condition.

Source @ Unlicensed doctor jailed for mass HIV outbreak, Cambodia

Pin It