VIET NAM – The Vietnamese veterinary authorities have reported an outbreak of highly pathogenic H5N6 bird flu in Lao Cai.
The World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) received follow-up report no. 1 on Friday, 22 August. According to the report, the affected species comprises pheasants.
A total of 558 pheasants were found susceptible, out of which 498 cases and deaths were reported. The remaining 60 birds were destroyed.
The report states that all poultry in affected flocks were destroyed immediately when poultry showing clinical signs of Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza were detected.
Samples were taken from surrounding poultry flocks. All were negative for avian influenza.
The source of the outbreak has still not yet been determined.
Source @ http://www.thepoultrysite.com/poultrynews/33015/almost-500-pheasants-killed-by-h5n6-bird-flu-in-viet-nam
More Regional Alerts ...
- October 15, 2015 First Avian Flu Outbreak of 2015, Laos
- August 20, 2015 Avian Flu Reported in Viet Nam
- November 4, 2015 Nearly 600 Diphtheria cases in 2015, Laos
- December 2, 2015 Birds were Killed to stop spread of Avian Flu, Vietnam
- November 17, 2015 2 Outbreaks of H5N1 bird flu in Cambodia
- September 3, 2014 H5N6 bird flu reported in China
- August 31, 2015 Avian flu detected in Taiwan
- November 27, 2015 New medicine fights tuberculosis in Vietnam
- November 23, 2015 Front Line Against Bird Flu in Cambodia
- March 16, 2015 High-path Bird Flu Hit Farms , China
- May 19, 2015 Confirms Avian Flu Outbreak in Myanmar
- January 20, 2015 2 die of bird flu in China