VIETNAM : HANOI – Ha Giang province, some 320 km north of capital Hanoi, reported nine cases of anthrax on human relating to consumption of meat from dead livestock.
During Sept. 17 to Oct. 9, medical centers in Meo Vac District in Ha Giang reported nine cases with clinical presentation of cutaneous anthrax. No fatality was record so far, according to Vietnam’s state-run news agency VNA on Tuesday.
Among the nine cases, there are four men aged between 24 to 30 and five children, reported VNA.
The medical agencies of Ha Giang have implemented preventive measures and sent samples to the National Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology for diagnosis.
Anthrax is a disease caused by bacteria. Cutaneous anthrax presents a boil-like skin lesion that eventually forms an ulcer with a black center.
Source @ http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/xinhua-news-agency/141014/vietnam-reports-anthrax-northern-locality
More Regional Alerts ...
- September 1, 2014 Preventing A/H5N6 outbreak in Vietnam
- September 1, 2014 Encephalitis death toll rises in Vietnam
- October 19, 2016 Infant suspected to have Zika-caused microcephaly, Vietnam
- August 11, 2015 11 people infected with anthrax in China
- July 15, 2016 Encephalitis spreads in Vietnam
- May 12, 2016 Baby dies day after receiving Quinvaxem shot, Vietnam
- January 5, 2016 Woman Dies From Bird Flu in Southern China
- December 9, 2014 H5N1 Bird Flu Outbreak Among Chickens in Vietnam
- May 18, 2016 HFMD re-occurs across country in Vietnam
- November 17, 2015 44,000 cases of HFMD in Vietnam
- July 1, 2016 Japanese encephalitis return in Vietnam
- September 1, 2016 Negligence blamed for dengue outbreak, Vietnam