China has confirmed that another person has fallen ill with the avian influenza A(H7N9) virus, according to the World Health Organization (WHO).
WHO said that China’s National Health and Family Planning Commission had notified it that a 61-year-old woman from Langfang City in Hebei Province fell ill on 10 July 2013 and was in a critical condition in a Beijing hospital.
According to local press, officials believe the woman contracted the virus by eating vegetables bought at a local market, where live poultry was on sale…Read More
Source: GlobalMeat News
More Regional Alerts ...
- July 18, 2014 Over 11,880 Dengue Cases, Thailand
- July 25, 2014 Rise in Dengue cases warning in Thailand
- September 8, 2014 Woman Dies Of Bird Flu In China
- December 25, 2015 WHO details recent avian influenza cases in China
- January 19, 2015 reports two H7N9 cases, one recovers, China
- October 30, 2014 Human infection with A(H7N9) virus in China
- January 5, 2016 Woman Dies From Bird Flu in Southern China
- November 20, 2014 3 New Cases Of Bird Flu, China
- February 16, 2015 4th H7N9 bird flu case, China
- July 29, 2013 Six-year-old girl dies from bird flu,Cambodia
- June 20, 2016 H9N2 case reported in China
- December 22, 2015 Human infection with avian influenza A(H7N9) virus – China