VIETNAM : Lao Cai – The northern mountainous province of Lao Cai has detected A/H5N6 virus in a local red pheasant farm for the first time, reported the provincial Department of Veterinary under the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development.
The farm owner and the department culled a flock of 558 red pheasants after they were tested positive for the virus.
They have also disinfected the affected area and its vicinity twice per day.
At the same time, the department takes more samples to virus test and intensifies measures against poultry smuggling.
All steps are in place to ward off other outbreaks of avian flu.-VNA
Source @ http://www.talkvietnam.com/2014/08/lao-cai-detects-h5n6-virus-in-domestic-fowls/
More Regional Alerts ...
- September 1, 2014 Preventing A/H5N6 outbreak in Vietnam
- October 28, 2015 H5N6 outbreak in Vietnam
- December 17, 2014 Birds test positive for avian flu in southern Japan
- September 3, 2014 H5N6 bird flu reported in China
- May 15, 2015 Hoof-and-Mouth Disease Kills Livestock in Laos
- March 16, 2015 High-path Bird Flu Hit Farms , China
- November 17, 2015 2 Outbreaks of H5N1 bird flu in Cambodia
- August 31, 2019 LAO: AFRICAN SWINE FIVER – LAOS
- August 27, 2014 500 Pheasants Killed by H5N6 in Viet Nam
- May 2, 2019 AFRICAN SWINE FEVER SPREADING IN HANOI’S DISTRICTS
- February 3, 2015 Bird flu virus spreads to eastern Taiwan
- June 3, 2016 New bird flu case reported in China