- Reduce morbidity and mortality caused by outbreak-prone priority diseases.
- To strengthen national and sub regional capabilities to rapidly and effectively detect and control priority diseases that are defined as a public health emergency of international concern (PHEIC).
- Set up effective mechanisms to quickly detect and identify communicable diseases that represent a national or international public health threat.
- Develop capability for a professional and concerted regional and national response to successfully contain an outbreak of any disease defined as a public health emergency of international concern (PHEIC).
- Provide data and research information that is essential for the development of effective health and social policies to reduce the burden from these diseases.