VIETNAM : DONG NAI — More than 100 employees of a footwear firm in Bien Hoa City’s Long Binh Tan Ward in the southern Dong Nai Province were hospitalised last night for suspected food poisoning.
Pham Van Thanh, one of the workers of Chanh Ich Ltd Co, said some time after they ate rice, eggs and meat for dinner at their workplace, they started getting headache, stomach pain, vomiting and dizziness. Some of the workers fainted.
Thanh said he saw the rice was stale, but many workers still tried to eat it to resume their work.
The affected workers were taken to a health centre for first-aid, and then transferred to the medical centre of an industrial park. Some workers were transferred to Dong Nai General Hospital after they showed symptoms of serious food poisoning.
About 30 of them were given emergency aid for chest pain, convulsions, difficulty in breathing and vomiting by 8.30pm.
Dr Ngo Duc Tuan, deputy director of Dong Nai General Hospital, said the examination of the workers showed symptoms of food poisoning.
At 9pm, doctors of the hospital and the health centres near the company were still giving emergency aid to dozens of workers.
Some workers were discharged later in the evening, while the rest were being kept under observation.
All workers have been reportedly discharged from hospital today afternoon.
The case is being investigated further.
Source @ Suspected food poisoning in Vietnam